KSEA-CHI Scholarship Program
The Chicagoland Chapter of Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association (KSEA-CHI) invites high school seniors and undergraduate students with Korean ethnic background to apply for a scholarship.
- High school seniors in the Greater Chicago area school district
- Undergraduate students attending college in the Greater Chicago area
- Applicants must either be currently studying or intend to pursue a career in science, technology, engineering (including biomedical engineering), or mathematics (STEM)
- Pre-med/dental students are not eligible
- Scholarship recipients from other Korean organizations in 2020 are not eligible
The scholarship application package must include the following:
- KSEA-CHI Scholarship application form (see attachment or visit https://chicagoland.ksea.org)
- Transcript or records from the last two academic years (unofficial copies issued to the student are acceptable)
- SAT and/or ACT scores (a copy of original scores)
- Essay in English (∼400 words): Any title may be chosen. The topic must be related to the applicant’s unique experience or goals as they relate to
his/her chosen field of study in STEM
- Reference letter: One (1) letter of recommendation from someone (e.g., science teacher, supervisor, academic adviser, research advisor, etc.) who
can speak positively about the applicant
The complete application package must be submitted by November 22, 2020, via email. The reference letter must be sent directly from referee to the scholarship committee via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Selected applicants will be notified by December 4, 2020. The scholarships will be awarded at the Year-End Meeting of KSEA-CHI on December 12th, 2020.
Awardees are required to attend the ceremony.
For more information, please visit https://chicagoland.ksea.org
KSEA-CHI Selection Chair Dr. Seok Hoon Hong
KSEA-CHI President Mr. Seungwon Chung
KSEA-CHI Scholarship Chair Dr. Dong-Hyun Kim