The Chicagoland Chapter of Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association (KSEA-CHI) invites high school seniors and undergraduate students with Korean ethnic background to apply for a scholarship.
- High school seniors in the Greater Chicago area school district
- Undergraduate students attending college in the Greater Chicago area
- Applicants must either be currently studying or intend to pursue a career in science, technology, engineering (including biomedical engineering), or mathematics (STEM)
- Pre-med/dental students are not eligible
- Scholarship recipients from other Korean organizations in 2018 are not eligible
The scholarship application package must include the following:
- KSEA-CHI Scholarship application form (visit: https://chicagoland.ksea.org/ksea-chi-scholarship/)
- Transcript or records from the last two academic years (unofficial copies issued to the student are acceptable)
- SAT and/or ACT scores (a copy of original scores)
- Essay in English (∼400 words): Any title may be chosen. The topic must be related to the applicant’s unique experience or goals as they relate to his/her chosen field of study in STEM
- Reference letter: One (1) letter of recommendation from someone (e.g., science teacher, supervisor, academic adviser, research adviser, etc.) who can speak positively about the applicant
The complete application package must be submitted by November 18th, 2018 via email. The reference letter also must be sent directly from the referee to the scholarship committee via email to email@example.com .
Selected applicants will be notified by November 30th, 2018. The scholarships will be awarded at the Year-End Meeting of KSEA-CHI on December 8th, 2018. Awardees are required to attend the ceremony.
For more information, please visit: https://chicagoland.ksea.org/ksea-chi-scholarship/
KSEA-CHI Selection Chair Prof. Seok Hoon Hong
KSEA-CHI President Prof. Gloria Kim
KSEA-CHI Scholarship Chair Prof. Taeok Bae (firstname.lastname@example.org)