Scientist-Direct Hire-San Diego
A major responsibility for the scientist will include design and implementation of in vivo efficacy studies to test novel small molecule drug candidates in pre-clinical rodent models for targeted therapies in oncology and inflammation. Experience in execution of one or more ex vivo analytical techniques (qRT-PCR, IHC, flow cytometry) is highly desirable as is a background in cell and molecular biology. Additional responsibilities include design and interpretation of pharmacodynamic studies to evaluate in vivo target engagement and non-GLP toxicological studies to assess safety.
- Participate vigorously in matrixed project responsibilities for drug discovery at multiple targets.
- Design, conduct, and interpret in vivo efficacy studies in cancer and immunology.
- Train and/or supervise research associates in all required animal research procedures including surgery, tumor cell inoculation, dosing (oral, IV, IP), and tissue collection.
- Support, design and execute in vitro pharmacological assays relevant to drug discovery.
- Analyze and interpret experimental data and present findings to colleagues on a weekly basis.
- Participate in design and reporting of research programs through literature review, data summaries, and interaction with partners and collaborators.
- Implement new in vivo techniques, write animal use protocols and contribute to grant applications.
A Ph.D. or M.S. degree in a relevant field with at least 3-5 years’ experience in cancer biology or immunology, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry. You must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work independently.
BioPhase Solutions Inc.
(858) 552-2000 ext. 234(858) 283-8426-Direct Line
Connect with me on Linkedin!